The role of this function is to provide the analytics to achieve best in class pricing from ZEBRAs outsourced manufacturing partners. In this capacity, the individual will provide market intelligence and execution support to both the ZEBRA component and outsource category management teams to assist then in achieving and exceeding their cost reduction goals.
- Extract and analyze material spend data from EMS/JDM providers, with focus at the component level
- Develop custom reports and queries (take down trends, date part was last negotiated, volume increases, etc.) which the Category Managers can utilize to leverage the global spend and develop strategies for driving cost reduction activities.
- Develop and maintain quarterly Component parts list (CPL) for all suppliers including all components on CRIS BOMs
- Assist in developing and implementing a close loop process of clearly identifying and managing who has pricing control of each component (EMS/JDM or ZEBRA)
- Assist when required the Requests for Quotation (RFQs) process, with component suppliers as well as EMS/JDM providers
- Provide recommendations on how we can increase our leverage and drive material cost reductions with suppliers.
- Liaise closely with the Global Category Leaders using standard operating procedures and policies. Drive Zebra Relationship (MR) Process and execution of BOM loading.
- Assist the TMC in identifying and securing spot buy opportunities to drive incremental cost reductions.
- Ability to take on expanded responsibilities
- Analytical, ability to transform raw material into information for decision making is vital.
- Bachelors degree in Management Information Systems (MIS), Supply Chain or other job related degree.
- Minimum of 5 years work experience
- Minimum of 2 experience in data management and analysis.
- Strong knowledge of the ZEBRA products and the outsource providers who produce them. Fact-based problem solving
- Ability to work in a global team environment
- Promotes teamwork and collaboration
- Influences others
- Experience working in spend analytics is a plus
- Works with minimal supervision
- Adaptability to change and ambiguity
- Strong knowledge of material management processes and systems
- High proficiency in Excel. Additional experience with Access or other database (ie E2Open) highly desired.
Type : Company job
Role : N/A
Industry : Computer/Information Technology (Software)
Salary : N/A
WHO WE ARE
Zebra helps enterprises become as smart and connected as the world we live in. Our approximately 7,000 employees in 40+ countries support visionary solutions including hardware, software and services – giving organizations the competitive edge they need to simplify operations, know more about their businesses and customers, and empower their mobile workers to succeed in today’s data-centric world.
ZEBRA MAKES FORBES BEST EMPLOYERS LIST FOR SECOND CONSECUTIVE YEAR
Based on recommendations from current employees and industry professionals, Zebra was ranked No. 87 on Forbes list of Americas Best Midsize Employers for its ongoing commitment to company culture and employee engagement.