As second line of defence:
Supporting the risk activities and independent risk oversights on credits originating from CIMB Labuan for Private Banking Malaysia (PBM) clients.
Providing credit approval and/or effective independent credit evaluation and sound credit recommendations on credit proposals originating from CIMB Labuan for PBM clients within a specified turnaround so as to ensure that well-informed decisions are made by the approving authorities to minimize the probability of credit losses;
- As second line of defence and a credit/risk specialist, support the credit/risk activities in and provides risk oversights function for credits originating from CIMB Labuan for PBM clients focusing on credit risk management.
- Manage the credit portfolio risks for credits from CIMB Labuan for PBM clients inclusive of oversight on margin calls for loans in CIMB Labuan for PBM clients.
- Exercise credit delegation authority and approvals.
- Perform independent credit evaluation and provide sound credit recommendations on credit proposals originating from CIMB Labuan for PBM clients to ensure that well-informed decisions are made by the approving authorities including credit committees.
- Work closely with counterparts within Private Banking Risk, Group Risk and Credit Risk CoE.
- Drive credit initiatives/projects assigned by CRO GPB and / or Head PB Risk/Credit Management Private Banking (CMPB) Malaysia in specific to CIMB Labuan credits.
- Establish necessary infrastructure required to facilitate the activities in support of CIMB Labuan credits.
- Any other responsibilities/tasks as assigned CRO GPB and / or Head PB Risk / CMPB Malaysia from time to time.
- Take responsibility from a second line of defense for growth in credit portfolio with acceptable quality and minimal/no credit losses; and assets under management (AUM) and their acceptability as collaterals.
- Proper internal controls, guidelines and governance are in place to facilitate day-to-day activities; and Compliance to established procedures, banks policies/guidelines and regulatory requirement.
- Good first degree in finance related discipline.
- Certified with Omega.
- At least 5 - 7 years of relevant risk/credit experiences in private banking or wealth management.
- Results driven, ability to demonstrate initiative, persistence and passion in delivering results.
- Collaboration & networking, ability to work with others to identify and accomplish shared goals or objectives.
- Effective communication, ability to express thoughts, ideas and feelings in a clear manner in both individual and group scenarios.
- Versatility & agility, ability to respond positively, flexibly and quickly to changing work processes, environment, culture and priorities.
- Learning & enabling others, ability to actively identify and take advantage of learning and growth opportunities.
- Customer focus, ability to understand and anticipate others perspectives and needs.
Type : Company job
Role : N/A
Industry : Banking/Financial Services
Salary : N/A
At CIMB Group we believe foresight is the key to unlocking potential. As we extend into universal banking to cover all areas of financial services, we look for individuals with a thirst for challenge, a sound educational background and outstanding capabilities. Well-rounded, multi disciplined persons with high intelligence, energy and integrity are welcome to be part of this forward thinking and fast moving organisation.
Our accelerated expansion in recent years has transformed us into a universal bank with a global network. If you aspire to be part of a highly regarded organisation, where prospects are boundless, CIMB is the perfect partner to realise your dreams. CIMB is a fast growing universal bank, offering you a wide range of career opportunities.