• Candidate must possess at least Diploma/Advanced/Higher/Graduate Diploma in Journalism, Advertising/Media, Mass Communications or equivalent.
• Required language(s): English
• At least 1 Year(s) of working experience in the related field is required for this position.
• Required Skill(s): Copywriting, Copyediting, Interviewing, Coordination, Presentation, Sales, Marketing
• Preferably Junior Executive specialized in Journalist/Editor or equivalent.
General work scope
You will work with our editor, designers and studio manager to produce content for printed and digital publications.
You will have a 5-5 ½ day work week in a fast-paced environment where every day is a learning experience.
Writing for publications and collaterals according to the brief given by client. These include, but are not limited to: posters, brochures, exhibition panels, guidebooks, newsletters, annual reports & coffee table books. Contents originate from interviews that you conduct during events or interview-only sessions, or materials that our clients will provide (media release, etc.).
Additionally, you will be responsible for editorial planning. This means planning the content lineup of a publication and conceptualising editorial themes in collaboration with the editor and studio manager.
• Conduct interviews and transcribe them.
• Cover events and collect soundbites for use in news/feature stories.
• Carry out self-directed research to supplement copywriting.
• Write copy to suit a publication’s tone, target audience and objectives while achieving a high level of accuracy in the areas of grammar use and sentence structure.
• Manage the editorial calendar, which involves coordinating photography and event dates for event coverage.
2. Project Management
This means building and maintaining a relationship with existing and potential clients and suppliers, and pursuing new business opportunities with them where possible.
• Plan, execute and follow the timeline for projects you are tasked to handle.
• Respond to client’s/prospect’s queries and follow up with queries till project completion/issue resolution.
• Assist editor & studio manager in procurement and management of jobs.
• Assist editor & studio manager to rack quotations & invoices sent out to clients & coming in from suppliers.
• Minimum 2 years copywriting/journalism experience OR 1 year copywriting/journalism + 1 year sales experience
• Character is important. You must show that you can work independently, and also work well in a team. Integrity and resilience are also necessary traits.
• Above-average proficiency in English and preferably another language (Malay, Mandarin, Tamil). This applies to your written and spoken abilities.
• Submit your writing portfolio and complete contact details
• Able to start within 1-2 weeks
If you are selected based on your resume, you will sit for a writing test, after which you may be shortlisted for an interview. Pay will be commensurate with relevant experience.
We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Type : Company job
Role : Junior Executive
Industry : Human Resources Management/Consulting
Salary : Not Disclosed
At JobSite we deliver more than just a job. We advance your career. Our recruiters have the expertise to find the best match for your skills, work experience and qualifications. They have the knowledge to provide valuable advice on polishing your resume and how to ace the employer interview. At JobSite we also take employee rights seriously. Our candidates always get the benefits and remuneration packages they deserve. Our recruiters will advice you in regards to salary expectations and provide an open and fair assessment of your potential remuneration. JobSite has a wide portfolio of clients, ranging from companies within the aerospace and aviation industry to MNCs in the F&B sector. So what are you waiting for Trust JobSite to find the job that you've always wanted! To learn more about your dream job, send in your CV to[email protected]today.
Product & Services
Jobsite specialises in recruitment solutions. We provide the following services:
Temporary / Contract / Permanent Placement
Payroll & HR Outsourcing Services
On-Line Work Permit Application
International Talent Search
Our team is ready to source, screen, interview and shortlist potential candidates with the right qualifications, experiences aptitude and attitude. All necessary documentation, permit applications, renewals, security bonds, medical check-ups and accommodation (when required) will be taken care of by our expert staff. We also provide welcoming, orientation, consultation, counselling and repatriation services to ensure a smooth, hassle-free and efficient foreign recruitment process for our valued clients. Expert Professional Advice Our consultants are specialised to help you build and align your human resources strategy, retain the best talent and lower your recruitment costs. With intimate knowledge of the policies and procedures, rules and regulations and best-practices in your industry our expert consultants can quickly provide you top-level human resources services at an affordable price. For permanent, temporary or contract positions; in search of international or local talent; at board to junior level, Jobsite.Com can deliver to suit your requirements. Our approach is to listen, understand and then act to deliver the right result.