||Login to Apply Register and Apply|
Execute global new business quoting activities based on RFQ (Request for Quotation) checklist Develop a supply base for use in quoting activities and support all analysis pertaining to quoting activity as at when required In addition, train and support department members to use all the business systems efficiently
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support new business and new customer material quotation activities
- Develop effective relationships with Business Unit Management to ensure that Supply Chain Management is fully involved with new business opportunities
- Attend quote kick-off meetings
- Drive quote based in RFQ checklist and commit with a delivery date to the Quote requestor based on lowest price, lowest spend and RoHs (Restriction of Hazardous Substances Directive 2002/95/EC) compliances
- Review all data in the entire BOM (Bill of Material) and ensure correct commodity is assigned per component description and manufacturer
- Prepare quote packages and solicits quotes from the supply base
- Maintain knowledge on materials and supply base supporting purchases at a price consistent with quality and required quantity
- Select and analyze for best possible pricing, lead-times, MOQ (Minimum Order Quantity) and other terms and conditions to achieve lower TCO (Total Cost Ownership)
- Manage and develop supply base, which will provide support in quoting activities
- Selection of suppliers and analyze supplier quotes in order to provide complete best quoted cost to the quote requestor
- Review quotes with Global Commodity Management team and Material Quote Manager as required Ensure the suppliers selected are consistent with any relationships/partnerships that we are attempting to establish
- Support and recommend alternate supply base for quoting
- Maintain knowledge of the information required to obtain accurate quotes from the supply base
- Ensure required information is available upon request from the Material Quote Manager
- Demonstrate a commitment to customer service; anticipate, meet, and exceed expectations by solving problems quickly and effectively; making customer issues a priority
- Evaluate supplier performance on quarterly basis or as/when required
- Provide regular updates and reporting to specific sector on quotation and metrics activities
- Indentify creative ways by streamlining process and systems
- Drive continuous improvement through trend reporting analysis and metrics management
- Offer new, innovative and entrepreneurial ideas and suggestions for improvement Identify and implement new practices and processes that are “best in field”
- Ensure 100% adherence to all company policies and procedures (ie Health and Safety, Quality)
- Ensure all sensitive and confidential information is handled appropriately
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Ability to lead projects and initiatives
- Ability to work well with teams and mentor on procurement processes
- Advanced PC skills especially in Excel with the ability to provide training and knowledge
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization
- Ability to work effectively under pressure with constantly changing priorities and deadlines
Industry:Electrical & Electronics
Deadline:01st Feb 2020
Established in Penang since 2009, GBC houses Jabil's global IT, Supply Chain, Centralized Procurement and Finance functions. Presently located at [email protected], occupying two floors over 72,700 square feet. It is one of the largest shared services center in Penang with 850 professionals. This location will allow for future headcount expansion to 1,000 executives and support Jabil's capabilities enhancement plans to move into higher value work. These include the introduction of Robotic Process Automation which will eliminate standard and repetitive work processes, and Jabil's Intelligent Digital Supply Chain (IDSC) solutions which help companies achieve end-to-end supply chain visibility and orchestration.
Why Join Us
Make A Difference
It takes thousands of passionate, dedicated and talented employees around the world to deliver the quality, innovation and service that our customers expect. With each new market comes a new opportunity to build the depth and breadth of our offerings, while also growing our team.
Jabil hires innovative thinkers who have the confidence to push boundaries, the entrepreneurial spirit to own customer problems and solutions, and the knowledge to take calculated risks. No matter where you are located, you’ll have the opportunity to learn, grow and build your skills in unexpected ways.
You’ll be empowered to make autonomous decisions that enhance the Jabil customer experience, and are expected to take accountability for the choices you make. That’s because Jabil values motivated leadership and entrusts our employees to create innovative solutions to help our business – and our customers’ businesses – grow and thrive.
We recognize that our employees are the most skilled and knowledgeable in the industry, and take every measure to support your goals for career advancement. Join us now if you have what it takes to make a difference in our challenging and fast-paced environment.
Jabil offers equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals without regard to race, religion, color, age, national origin, gender, disability and sexual orientation. We perceive the diversity of skills, abilities, experience and the background of our employees as a strength and encourage it in all areas at Jabil.
NANUM DESIGN SDN. BHD.
Admin cum HR Clerk
JUXIN TECHNOLOGY NEW ENERGY SDN. BHD.
Customer Service(3 vacancies)
CHONG YING TECHNOLOGY SDN BHD
YONG WEN HOLDINGS SDN BHD
Customer Care Center / Call Center - Admin Support
TELISTAR SOLUTIONS SDN. BHD.
Purchasing Officer / Executive
All Cosmos Industries Sdn. Bhd.
Part Time / Full Time Table Taker (Inventory Specialist)
Ajis Malaysia Sdn Bhd
Admin cum HR Assistant
MAMA’S OVEN SDN. BHD.
|View all Similar Jobs|