• To advise on the measures to be taken in the interests of the safety and health of the persons employed in the place of work
• To inspect the place of work to determine whether any machinery, plant, equipment, substance, appliances or process or any description of manual labour used in the place of work, is of such nature liable to cause bodily injury to any person working in the place of work;
• To investigate any accident, near-miss accident, dangerous occurrence, occupational poisoning or occupational disease which has happened in the place of work;
• To assist the Chairman of safety and health committee, if any, pursuant to regulation 11 of the Occupational Safety and Health (Safety and Health Committee) Regulations 1996 [P.U.(A) 616/96] in organizing and implementing occupational safety and health programme at the place of work
• To become secretary to the safety and health committee, if any, as specified under sub regulation 6(2) of the Occupational Safety and Health (Safety and Health Committee) Regulations 1996, and perform all functions of a secretary as specified in that Regulations;
• To assist the safety and health committee in any inspection of the place of work for the purposes of checking the effectiveness and efficacy of any measures taken in compliance with the Act or any regulations made under the Act;
• To collect, analyze and maintain statistics on any accident, dangerous occurrence, occupational poisoning and occupational disease which have occurred at the place of work;
• Coordinator of EICC (Electronic Industry Citizenship Coalition)/ Responsible Business Alliance (RBA) activities.
• Implement effective and efficient security system in the company
• Inspection and monitoring cleanliness in the company.
• To develop, review and update Quality Management System related to the safety and health.
• Any other ad-hoc assignments according to business needs.
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
• Holds a degree/ diploma in occupational safety and health or the equivalent there of from any professional body or institution, approved by the Minister, on the recommendation of the Director General;
• Has successfully completed a course of training in occupational safety and health and passed any examination for that course or the equivalent thereof, approved by the Minister, on the recommendation of the Director General,
• Has a minimum of five years experiences in occupational safety and health;
• Possess good English language communication skills
• Good interpersonal skills,
• Able to work under tight deadline
Type : Company job
Role : Senior Executive
Industry : Heavy Industrial/Machinery/Equipment
Salary : Not Disclosed
Only Company with the Expertise Across the Entire Test Cell
Cohu creates leading-edge solutions for back-end semiconductor equipment and services, and printed circuit board test.
Cohu offers the broadest portfolio of equipment and services for back-end semiconductor manufacturing, including a one-stop-shop for test and handling equipment, thermal subsystems, test contacting, vision inspection and MEMS test solutions.
Cohu has a Broad Product Portfolio across Diverse Applications
Our enhanced product portfolio gives our customers the best possible combination of technologies to match their business and technical needs, focused on increasing yield, reducing cost of test and accelerating time-to-market.