POSITION: MANAGER, TREASURY SETTLEMENT, FINANCE DEPARTMENT
Lead the treasury settlement operations function to support the achievement of the Banks reserves and funds management as well as monetary policy implementation strategic outcomes
Treasury Settlement Operations
- Manage treasury settlement operations in accordance with international/RENTAS market standards, rules and regulations as well as internal policies and procedures to support effective and efficient treasury operations of the Bank.
- Manage the investigation of treasury settlement issues as per internal procedures and best practices including liaising with counterparties, nostro and custodian banks to ensure accurate and timely trade settlement.
- Keeping abreast with the on-going market development and assess the impact and incorporate the change(s) in rules, standards and laws into the Banks processes and procedures.
- Manage daily valuation of collateral, issuance of margin notification to counterparties and settlement instruction for settlement of margin. Any dispute between the Bank and counterparty is to be resolved timely as per the agreement including approval on the exception.
Corporate Actions Management
- Ensure all corporate actions relating to the investment of the Bank/other entities managed by the Bank and monetary policy instruments are managed timely and accurately.
Treasury Accounting & Reporting
- Address management and operational reporting needs of various stakeholders by providing accurate and timely information as well as insightful analysis to facilitate effective decision making on the areas related to the Banks investment, monetary policy implementation and regional liquidity facilities.
Treasury Settlement Infrastructure and Development
- Manage the development of settlement infrastructure and ensure readiness to support the implementation of new monetary policy instruments, investment in new markets/products, development of financial markets in Malaysia and bilateral/regional arrangement with other central banks.
Risk Management and Controls
- Inculcate and uphold the culture of risk and compliance to ensure strong internal controls and robust risk management within treasury operations.
- Ensure all exceptions are escalated as per the Treasury Operations Internal Guidelines. All issues must be analysed and impose process/control improvement where applicable.
- Manage the Business Continuity Plan for treasury operations to ensure that the department is able to resume its critical business functions in the event of crisis in safeguarding the interest of the Bank.
- Build and lead the team to ensure alignment of team members with the Banks desired outcomes.
- Candidate must obtain 5 credits in Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM) for subjects including Bahasa Malaysia, English and Mathematics.
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelors Degree, Masters Degree in Finance/Accountancy/Banking or equivalent with a minimum CGPA of 3.00 and Second Class Upper.
- At least 5 year(s) of working experience in the related field is required for this position.
- Preferably Managers specializing in Banking/Financial Services or equivalent.
- Exposure and experience in treasury operations is an added advantage.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATE WILL BE NOTIFIED
Type : Company job
Role : N/A
Industry : Banking/Financial Services
Salary : N/A
Bank Negara Malaysia, as the nations Central Bank, is committed to excellence in promoting monetary and financial system stability and fostering a sound and progressive financial sector, to achieve sustained economic growth for the benefit of the nation. Bank Negara Malaysia also places high importance in its developmental role with respect to economic management, institutional building and the development of the financial system infrastructure.
The Bank invests heavily in nurturing our talent to enhance their performance and realising their potential. Targeted talent development and career growth opportunities, continues to be given focus to drive performance.