POSITION: MANAGER, TREASURY & SWIFT COMPLIANCE, FINANCE DEPARTMENT
Lead and manage the treasury and SWIFT compliance functions to support the Banks investment under reserve and funds management as well as monetary policy implementation strategic outcomes
Treasury and SWIFT Compliance
- Manage the controls strategy and ensure adherence to policies and procedures with regard to treasury and SWIFT operations which includes the daily operations, implementation of projects and initiatives, readiness of business continuity plan and escalation on exceptions.
- Drive the monitoring of SWIFT controls (as 2nd level of defense) which includes the system maintenance and operations of compliance systems.
Treasury Investigation and Fails Management
- Manage the investigation of treasury settlement issues and compensation cases to ensure that issues/cases are managed in line with internal guidelines and RENTAS/other markets rules and standards to safeguard the Banks and other entities interest at all time.
Treasury Settlement Infrastructure and Development
- Monitor the development of settlement infrastructure and ensure readiness of the Division to support the implementation of new monetary policy instruments, investment in new markets/products, development of financial markets in Malaysia and bilateral/regional arrangement with other central banks.
Nostro and Custodian Bank Management
- Build strategic alliances with nostro and custodian banks to ensure effective and efficient service level in managing the financial assets and transactions owned by the Bank and other entities managed by the Bank. This includes ensuring appropriate controls and business continuity plan adopted by the nostro and custodian banks.
- Drive the review, appointment, termination of nostro/custodian banks based on the investment needs of the Bank and other entities managed by the Bank.
- Oversee the operational management of External Fund Managers (EFMs) custodian banks to facilitate the EFM investment mandate.
- Monitor and reconcile the daily funds movement of the Banks treasury and non-treasury transactions to ensure the validity of transactions and all transactions are recognised accordingly.
Risk Management and Controls
- Uphold strong internal controls and compliance within the treasury and SWIFT operations environment to mitigate all possible risks, especially late/incorrect payment and fraud risk.
- Build and lead the team to ensure alignment of team members with the Banks desired outcomes.
- Candidate must obtain 5 credits in Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM) for subjects including Bahasa Malaysia, English and Mathematics.
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelors Degree, Masters Degree in Finance/Accountancy/Banking or equivalent with a minimum CGPA of 3.00 and Second Class Upper.
- At least 5 year(s) of working experience in the related field is required for this position.
- Preferably Managers specializing in Banking/Financial Services or equivalent.
- Exposure and experience in treasury operations is an added advantage.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATE WILL BE NOTIFIED
Type : Company job
Role : N/A
Industry : Banking/Financial Services
Salary : N/A
Bank Negara Malaysia, as the nations Central Bank, is committed to excellence in promoting monetary and financial system stability and fostering a sound and progressive financial sector, to achieve sustained economic growth for the benefit of the nation. Bank Negara Malaysia also places high importance in its developmental role with respect to economic management, institutional building and the development of the financial system infrastructure.
The Bank invests heavily in nurturing our talent to enhance their performance and realising their potential. Targeted talent development and career growth opportunities, continues to be given focus to drive performance.