• Maintains external and/or internal distributor relationships by consistently requesting the correct evidence, consistently making the correct decision and always explaining rating decisions.
• Contributes ideas and work for the development of new or enhanced propositions /procedures/philosophy, ensuring we charge the right premium for the associated risk.
• Works closely with distributors and other operational areas to support the overall achievement of the business plan, demonstrating knowledge in underwriting expertise, systems, procedures and processes.
• Provides technical underwriting support and guidance to customers and distributors, consistently providing excellent customer service.
• Completes a range of queries and referrals within agreed authority limits, measuring the exposure & analyzing the risk of each case to maintain underwriting standards.
• Completes assignments while working within delegated authority.
Additional Job Functions
• Identify and comply with the main principles relevant to legal and regulatory controls that govern standard Life Underwriting work practices
• Provide recommendations and commentary to facilitate underwriting decision-making by collecting data from well-established sources and analysis.
• Identify opportunities for improvement by monitoring underwriting business processes.
• Provide detailed procedural advice to producers and employees to ensure that internal standards are adhered to.
• Review and analyze customer service levels using standard reporting tools and highlight discrepancies to more senior colleagues.
Candidate must possess at least a Diploma, Advanced/Higher/Graduate Diploma, Bachelor's Degree, Post Graduate Diploma, Professional Degree, any field.At least 4 year(s) of working experience in the related field is required for this position.Preferably Senior Executives.Full-Time position(s) available.
Type : Company job
Role : Senior Executive
Industry : Insurance
Salary : Not Disclosed
Zurich is one of the world's leading insurance group, and one of the few to operate on a truly global basis. Founded 140 years ago, today we employ over 60,000 dedicated employees and serve customers in over 170 countries around the world; with strong positions in North America and Europe, and growing positions in the Middle East, Latin America, and Asia-Pacific.
Founded in Switzerland in 1872, the Zurich Insurance Group ("Zurich") is one of the world’s leading insurance groups, and one of the few to operate on a truly global basis. At Zurich, our mission is to help customers understand and protect themselves from risk. With about 53,000 employees, we provide a wide range of property and casualty, as well as life insurance products and services. We serve individuals, small businesses, as well as mid-sized and large companies, including multinational corporations, in more than 210 countries and territories worldwide.