• Responsible in Process detection engineering-SPI/AOI for new product introduction/development and product sustain engineering activities.
• Responsible for the SMT issues and internal/external quality feedback. Troubleshoot the SMT process (SPI/AOI) root causes and attain the corrective action to the issues.
• To plan, create and ensure the necessary SPI/AOI program and process documents are completed and updated in time for production.
• Ensure that the respective area computer and network system is well maintained in operation condition. Programs are regularly updated and back up.
• Plan and provide necessary SPI/AOI programs and technical support of new product introduction.
• To participate in new product development discussion and contributes ideas and comments in the area of PCB assembly automation and process technology.
• To monitor the SPI/AOI inspection/detection windows and modify whenever necessary to increase machine capability and quality.
• To continuously review and improve strategy and technology in the SPI/AOI inspection processes.
• To ensure performed the bi-monthly, half-yearly and yearly machine calibration.
• To participate and review traceability for respective area and improve timely.
• To maintain and upgrade machine capability timely via engineering benchmarking projects.
• To assist in major machine breakdown troubleshooting.
• To provide training on machine maintenance, operation and processes to all technical support personnel in detection process.
• To work closely with MFI-P to comply, standardize and improve detection processes via FMEA and PRE/PRP.
• Prepare ROI if needed for superiors especially technical terms on the machine specification.
• To work with engineering team for new release process for SPI/AOI related.
• To work with QMM on process and line audit.
• Manage, review and evaluate subordinates performance.
• Any other assignment assigned by immediate supervisor from time to time.
• Bachelor Degree in Mechanical/Electrical/Computer Engineering or equivalent;
• At least 3 years of related working experience in SMT environment;
• Expertise in engineering principles to perform complex line quality troubleshooting.
• Expert in inline SPI/AOI machines (Koh Young, Mirtec, Viscom, Marantz, etc).
• Able to generate SPI/AOI program and understand board schematic drawing.
• Prioritizes, organizes, and summarizes information communicated based on severity/criticality.
• Provide potential impacts and alternatives.
• Ability to work under constraints and derive work-around solution.
• Ability to lead the team to solves the complex issues and risk assessment
• Lead and manage more projects and a more complex project within the team.
• Create governing process to close process gaps with limited guidance; ensure consistent use of defined engineering processes within teams.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
• Good in technical paper presentation with data/chart oriented
• Team player and able to work with minimum supervision;
• Initiative to drive towards problem solving activities;
• Persistent, positive & proactive approach towards problem solving; Self-motivated, able to work independently and as a team; Assertiveness, high self-motivation and good team work.
• Knowledge in IPC-A-610 & problem solving tools (8D, SPC, FMEA, Ishikawa, FTA, six sigma etc).
Type : Company job
Role : Senior Executive
Industry : Manufacturing/Production
Salary : Not Disclosed
Bosch Car Multimedia is a business division within the Mobility Solutions business sector of the Bosch Group. The division develops smart integration solutions for entertainment, navigation, telematics and driver assistance functions used in original equipment businesses. The needs of the driver are always at the focus of all research and development activities to create technologies that enhance safety and driving convenience and at the same time reduce energy consumption. The Bosch Car Multimedia plant in Penang, Robert Bosch (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd, is one of the eight pioneering companies which started operation in the Bayan Lepas Free Industrial Zone back in 1972. This plant develops and manufactures navigation and infotainment systems, integrated head units, car radios as well as Electronic Manufacturing Services (EMS) products.
What we do
At the core of all Bosch Car Multimedia current research and development, cutting-edge features are tailored to modern mobility requirements, providing optimum driving convenience, safety and access to entertainment and information via smart networked architectures. Solutions from Bosch are specifically designed to reduce driver distraction through their implementation of user-centric interface concepts.
Approximately 6,700 employees in Bosch’s Car Multimedia division develop and manufacture infotainment systems and integrated solutions for automobile-compatible applications that meet the wide-ranging requirements of customers in Asian, American and European automotive markets.
One of Car Multimedia’s core competencies is producing connectivity control units (CCU) for passenger cars, two-wheelers and commercial vehicles. CCUs connect vehicles to the internet, enabling such safety features as eCall in the event of an accident and bCall in case of breakdown. In the near future, vehicles will also be connected to cloud. Connected Horizon, a Car Multimedia solution, will aggregate data from all connected vehicles to provide enhanced navigation with real-time traffic and weather data as well as anticipatory engine control to reduce energy consumption. The Car Multimedia experts at Bosch are also committed to simplifying smartphone integration in cars with solutions like “mySPIN”. This technology allows users to operate their favorite apps on their Apple of Android smartphone using the accustomed commands and without compromising driving safety. Users control the apps via the vehicle’s display. Solutions from Car Multimedia reduce drive distraction, thus enhancing safety and convenience.