Job I Function Purpose:
Lead, manage, and coach a team of application developers to analyse, design, build, integrate and deliver projects, business Initiatives, Life insurance products, and customizations in Life/Asia application.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for development, design and solution for Products development related projects.
• Work with developers to provide design, solution and effort estimation on application development.
• Monitor the effort of the application development against the plan.
• Manage resource allocation to ensure work are optimally assigned according to team member's skills and expertise so that assigned task can be completed on time with high quality.
• Support improvement on application development process in order to achieve delivery excellence.
• Provide first and second level support to online and batch application incidents reported by users and IT operators and resolve them within defined service level.
• Analyse root cause, assess impact, and provide solution and recovery including program fixes and data correction. Provide data extraction and query reporting services.
• Lead and Participate in testing of system recovery to ensure high level of preparedness
• Review the programs and objects to be deployed to ensure that they are adhering to application development standards and release management procedures.
Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's Degree, Post Graduate Diploma, Professional Degree, Computer Science/Information Technology or equivalent.
At least 12year(s) of working experience in the related field is required for this position.
Full-Time position(s) available.
• Reachable via LRT ( Ampang Park Station)
• Employer's EPF contribution - 15%
• Attractive personal development programmes
• Staggered working hours
Type : Company job
Role : Senior Manager
Industry : Insurance
Salary : Not Disclosed
A reputation that invites respect
Established in the year 1879 as the first insurance company in Japan, Tokio Marine has grown over the decades, now offering an extensive selection of General and Life insurance products and solutions. With a presence in 38 countries covering 483 cities and expanding, Tokio Marine ranks as one of the world’s most globally diversified and financially secure insurance groups.
Tokio Marine Life Insurance Malaysia Bhd. was formerly known as TM Asia Life Malaysia Bhd., an established life insurance company with a history of more than 65 years. Tokio Marine Life’s presence in Malaysia is the result of the strategic alliance between Tokio Marine & Nichido Fire Insurance Co., Ltd. and Asia General Holdings (Asia Life’s parent company) in March 2007.
Established in the year through our strong historical investment returns, disciplined underwriting, and careful
expense management. From financial security to wealth enhancement to legacy planning, our priority is to meet the key financial needs of individuals through a comprehensive suite of insurance plans.
Our two consecutive achievement of BrandLaureate Award 2014-2015 and 2015-2016 for Best Brand in Life Insurance in Malaysia is testimony of Tokio Marine brand's success, an endorsement of being with the best in the life insurance industry and acknowledgement of our brand's value, strength and character.