DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the overall guidance of the director, the Technical officer will be responsible for the following:
• Management and coordination of selected projects implemented by Wetlands International
• Preparation of scientific and technical reports when required.
• Management of contracts of consultants working on the relevant projects to ensure quality of key outputs and timely delivery.
• Communication and liaison with govt agencies and other partners in relation to project development and implementation.
• Representing the organisation in meetings, seminars and conferences (local and international) as directed by the head of office.
• Assisting in the development of new projects/ initiatives that will contribute to Wetlands International’ Strategic Intent in relation to national priorities.
• Helping respond to general technical queries related to the work of Wetlands International
• Compilation of material and facilitation of training workshops in relation to wetland conservation and wise use.
• Liaison with relevant other WI offices in developing/ contributing specific programmes.
• Lead and participate in field assessments and compile relevant assessment reports as and when required.
• Performing other relevant duties and tasks in relation to this portfolio as directed by the head of office.
This is a national position and applications are only open to Malaysian nationals. Candidates should possess the following.
• A higher University degree in a relevant discipline (e.g., botany, conservation biology, landscape ecology, marine sciences, natural resource management etc.). A candidate with a BSc. with relevant experience will also be considered.
• Knowledge related to wetlands and conservation.
• Possess good communication and interpersonal skills.
• Proficiency with computer software applications (particularly Microsoft Office products). Experience in Geographical Information System (GIS) mapping and databases would be an asset.
• Ability to develop and implement projects effectively.
• Ability to handle multi-tasking and to work effectively to tight deadlines without compromising quality.
• The successful candidate must be fluent in English and Bahasa Malaysia. Fluency in other languages spoken in Malaysia would be an asset.
• Willingness to travel (e.g. for field work, workshops and meetings/ conferences) is essential.
• Possess a valid driving licence.
• A team player with positive work attitude, responsible, consistent, committed, result orientated, creative and hardworking.
Type : Company job
Role : Junior Executive
Industry : Environment/Health/Safety
Salary : Not Disclosed
Wetlands International, Malaysia is an independent, not-for-profit organization dedicated to the conservation and wise use of wetlands. We are a science-based organisation and our leading activities include providing technical input on the management, restoration and sustainable use of wetlands to benefit biodiversity and human well being. We are a source of “best-informed” opinion on key issues affecting wetlands and priority actions for their conservation and wise use, drawing on scientific analyses and our own experience in global, regional and national conservation and natural resource management programmes. In doing this work, we are responsive to the needs expressed by governments, industry sectors, local communities and other stakeholders.
Wetlands International Malaysia has a long tradition of supporting policies and practices for the wise use of wetlands.
To sustain and restore wetlands, their resources and biodiversity